Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ladies' Fingers

That’s right, I celebrated Mardi Gras 2011 by eating ladies’ fingers. In my chicken gumbo, of course!  

Okay, ladies’ fingers is just a nick name for OKRA. Yep, it’s a creepy green vegetable-y thing, that somehow made it into my chicken gumbo and since everything was jazzed up New Orleans style, I had to at least try it! And I did. And it was good, ....   so  long as it tastes just like everything else in the gumbo! Yet I see this as another high-five in the vegetable adventure I am embarking on.

On another note, there is a bag of baby spinach sitting in the crisper of my fridge, staring me down every time I wonder what to make for lunch or supper. I am working on the nerve to eat a salad again. I even have poppy seed dressing and strawberries OR I could do poppy seed dressing and craisens and bacon bits (tip from Alli). So we’ll see if that happens any time soon.

Until next time. . .try some Gentlemens' toes? ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment