Monday, January 17, 2011

My Conversion

My life was changed on Thanksgiving Day of 2009. We were at my sister-in-law’s for the holiday and she had made all the wonderful basics: the turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. She also made a side dish of a spaghetti squash with beef and peppers. To my surprise it smelled great! 

After a little encouragement I finally took the plunge. I was going to just taste it. Just a small bite.

And....I loved it! I loved the red, orange, yellow and green peppers. I loved the onions and beef. I even loved the spaghetti squash (without thinking about the fact that is was, indeed, a squash). 

So it began. I realized that in the right context, with the right flavor, I might begin to at least try some veggies. But I was not ready to make any commitments.

A year and a half later, I have finally made a commitment. I am going to try to try things. I am going to experiment with flavor and hopefully sneak my taste buds into healthiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment