Tuesday, January 25, 2011

let's get up to speed

New year. New Tastebuds.

Goal:  Adding fruits and vegetables to my diet daily.

Inspiration:
  1. My boss loves veggies and gave me salad tongs for Christmas. I do not eat salad. . . yet.
  2. Some vegetables actually do look interesting. Maybe like-able.
  3. I’m embarking on the latter half of my 20’s and think it’s about time. I can’t be that 4 year old who pinches her nose anymore.
We’re 25 days into this new adventure, and in some ways, it has been successful:

I’ve tried my sister’s Phillipino food, which includes cabbage, carrots, onions, peppers and mushrooms. I LOVED everything but the mushrooms (mostly because I didn’t have the courage to try them).

I made spaghetti squash with peppers and ate a WHOLE bunch of that, without even flinching. Until about 4 hours later when I realized how many vegetables I had just consumed. 

At some point, I did try a little avocado/guacamole. Nope. Do not care for that so much.

I have slacked off on the vegetable or fruit with every meal, but have been intentionally seeking out ways to make new delicious recipes, with these items. 

I realize now, more than ever, that jacking my veggies up with flavor will really help convince me they can be good.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I finally remembered to check your site. I am impressed, I must confess that I have found a love for veggies, but I still don't love raw onions or lots of onions in things.... but the rest I have learned to love.

    I am excited to read all the rest of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about this until I went to clean out my inbox on facebook....way to go with the veggies! Definitely use flavors and seasonings! And don't worry about the avocado thing....you know I LOVE fruits and veggies and even I can't stomach that one! :)

    ReplyDelete